Full Time Human Recourses Advisor – School for Blenheim High School
Blenheim High School is a stand alone, state funded academy for students aged 11-18 years, based in the leafy suburb of Epsom, Surrey. We currently have a vacancy within our support staff for an experienced HR Advisor.
Reporting directly to the Finance & Operations Director, the key purpose of this post is the provision of HR support in an advisory capacity and to support the strategic direction of the school in all people related matters. This is a term time only post requiring an additional 3 weeks out of term as directed by the Finance & Operations Director.
Some of the key areas of responsibility are listed below, for a full candidate brief please contact the school directly or visit our website for more information.
- Provide all-round generalist HR advice in accordance with employment legislation, determining when to escalate more complex issues for external advice and guidance.
- Production of HR related Key Performance Indicator reports as required [e.g. sickness absence analysis, exit interview analysis, pay review reports].
- Lead on employee relation cases including disciplinary, capability, grievances, sickness review and welfare meetings, attendance management, probationary review and any other relevant meetings in accordance with the school’s policies and procedures. This will include note taking and collating all supporting documentation.
- To take accountability for the management of casework, ensuring compliance with legislation, school policy and adopting best practice, fully exploring and analysing options and associated risks, liaising with external partners as appropriate.
- Maintain and keep up to date the school’s HR policies & procedures, in line with regulatory compliance and employment law.
- Manage the co-ordination and administration associated with the recruitment of teaching and support staff (e.g. drafting job descriptions, maintaining a library of candidate briefs, placing adverts, coordinating shortlisting and interview arrangements, designing assessment and in tray exercises, maintain an application pipeline, complying with safer recruitment guidelines).
- Manage the on-boarding process for new staff, including the timely and accurate production of offer letters and contracts of employment, and other supporting documentation, to support and co-ordinate the induction process.
- Co-ordinate and administer vetting checks in line with Safer Recruitment guidelines, including obtaining references, enhanced disclosures checks, prohibitions checks, qualification checks, medicals etc. for all school staff, contractors, volunteers as required.
Whilst previous experience of working in a similar role within a school or similar educational establishment is not mandatory, this would be considered advantageous. The successful applicant will be required to hold a degree or equivalent qualification in HR/Employment law and/or CIPD qualified, or being willing to work towards achieving it.
Blenheim High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including an enhanced disclosure from the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service), fitness to work assessment and references from previous employers.
Suitable candidates who register their interest for this post by submitting their CV’s will be contacted via email and invited to complete the school’s standard application form. We regret that we are unable to accept solely CV’s as applications.
Application Deadline: 14/12/2020
Expected Start Date: 11/01/2021
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent Term time plus 3 weeks.
Starting Salary: £32,482 p/a